What You Need To Know About The FaceBook Remarketing Pixel
The Facebook Pixel Helps You To Retarget Your Visitors
What you need to know about the Facebook retargeting/remarketing pixel is that it basically provides you with a second chance to get the attention of your potential customers and convert them into paying customers. Facebook retargeting pixels also help to increase a brand's social reach.
What is a Facebook retargeting pixel?
Facebook retargeting pixels, also known as the Facebook pixel, allows you to retarget your website visitors on Facebook by simply sending a browser cookie to your visitors.
Why a Facebook retargeting pixel?
There are three very important uses for the Facebook Pixel:
- Retargeting – building audiences of people who have visited your website, retargeting throughout a sales funnel
- Optimization – creating higher converting Facebook campaigns focused on a specific action
- Tracking – tracking the performance of a campaign
The technical side of Facebook retargeting:
For setting up retargeting pixels, you have to put your hands within the codes. For this, you don't need any technical knowledge though. Setting retargeting pixels is easy. Follow the steps below, and you are all set to retarget your website visitors:
- The first step is to create audience pixels in the Ad Manager. Within Ads manager, select "Audiences". You can find it within the Tools drop-down situated in the top right corner.
- In "Audiences", if you have created an audience earlier, click on the "Create Audience" drop-down and select "Custom audience". If you have never created an audience of any kind, click on "create a custom audience".
- Once you are done with step 2, a pop-over will be seen to select the type of audience you want to create on Facebook. Select "Website Traffic". If you haven't created a "website custom audience" before, you'll be asked to accept Facebook's terms of creating the custom audience.
- A pop–over will be shown asking for website traffic, number of days it should last and the name of the audience. Once you have completed all the fields, click on “Create Audience”.
- Above the pop-over, you will be given a drop-down, where you can select "View Pixel Code". Copy the whole pixel code. Every ad account receives a single code which can be used on every page of your website.
- Paste this whole code in the header tag of your website template. That way, it will appear on every page of your website.
- As soon as anyone visits your website, they will get this pixel and this information will be stored in the audience panel, the availability will change to "Ready" and a number of audiences will be shown in the "Size" column. Now, you can target them through Facebook ads, as marked with a red circle.
By following the above steps, you can easily set up your Facebook Retargeting Pixels.